Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Far Cry 5

Started by Angry White Male, May 14, 2018, 11:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I'm not really much of a gamer, but once in a while I have some time to game.  

Downloaded Far Cry 5 overnight, via Steam.

I have a decent CPU and GPU, so have to give 'em a little work-out every now and then anyhow.

Berry Sweet

No fortnite?  I really don't understand the thrill of that game.

Angry White Male

I didn't mind Far Cry 3, so we'll see how this one goes.  As stated, I rarely game, but why not once in a while...  Makes me appreciate just how much things have improved compared to gaming on my shitty Commode 64 when I was a kid...

Rancidmilko

Far Cry 5 is supposed to be a critic to "Trump's America"

Far Cry 3 was ok, didn't finish 4

Right now I'm playing Crysis 3

Before that, I put a good 100 hours in a Mars colonization simulator (Like Simcity)
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Rancidmilko

I'd suggest Subnautica.

Beautiful game, interesting story. Kind of game I wish I could erase it from my memory just so I could play it again

Same with Mad Max. Seriously underrated game. It's like a Mad Max movie, such a cool story.

Angry White Male

I've heard good things about Mad Max...  Just never got around to looking into it further!

Berry Sweet

We had Commodore 64.  I played Aztec challenge, loved that game...pac man and some kinda triathlon game...and then guess the number between 1-100.

Angry White Male

Bricktop

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"Far Cry 5 is supposed to be a critic to "Trump's America"

Before that, I put a good 100 hours in a Mars colonization simulator (Like Simcity)

Far Cry 3 was in Africa, right? Too much "travel". Boring.

Far Cry 4 was outright boring.

Crysis ROCKS!!!

:thumbup:

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"Far Cry 5 is supposed to be a critic to "Trump's America"

Far Cry 3 was in Africa, right? Too much "travel". Boring.

Far Cry 4 was outright boring.

Crysis ROCKS!!!

:thumbup:

FC2 was in Africa. FC3 is the one where you have to rescue your friends, torch some weed plants and get high in the process LOL

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"We had Commodore 64.  I played Aztec challenge, loved that game...pac man and some kinda triathlon game...and then guess the number between 1-100.

I started a little later, my first PC was an XT with 640 Kb RAM and a 30 Mb HD

There was something magic about computers back in those days

Going around with a box of diskettes, hunting down other kids with computers to suggest some sort of exchange

I will never forget the first time I beat Karateka LOL

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Load"*",8,1    :roll:

Yeah weird.

I remember copying this huge code from the book...took over an hour...when done a ball would come on the screen and bounce around eating up the code in its path..

Angry White Male

Yup.  Probably BASIC programming language.  Would've looked something like this:

1 Print"Hello"

10 GOTO1

Or some had a machine language compiler, and you'd enter lines of shit that looked like this:

A8 H6 H7 8U H6 H4 H6 H4, just as example...

Bricktop

I seem to remember it had a number generator...that was quite cool for such a primitive programming language.

Angry White Male

You could easily program BASIC to generate random numbers.  I actually used to know how exactly it did that, but that was like almost 30 years ago.

I think it had something to do based on its internal clock.